DEAN OF EDUCATION
Dr LIFUKA, Evans
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
The School of Education prepares students for careers in the field of education. Whether as a teacher, school counselor, or school administrator, students earning a Bachelor of Education can move forward in a rewarding career. Students pursuing a Bachelor of Education have many options to choose from in specialization areas, such as education and public policy, child development, organizational management, early childhood education, or teaching English as a second language, to name a few.
Curriculum for a Bachelor of Education degree will provide the skills and knowledge necessary to prepare students to be successful and innovative professionals in the field of education through coursework and application of theory and methods in student teaching. Students also have the flexibility of full-time, part-time, or online programs to earn a Bachelor of Education degree. Knowing how people learn and how to teach them are important skills that translate across many career fields. The ability to effectively train others is likely to remain in high demand across a myriad of industries. Differentiating instruction depending on the student’s learning style is a skill that trained teachers can provide.
- To enable teachers of STEM subjects to make a positive difference in their learners,
- To have a good command of the various STEM subject matter,
- To experience an enabling learning environment with learning resources and more experienced lecturers,
- To develop positive attitudes towards teaching of science subjects,
- To develop self- confidence in teachers of science,
- To develop proper ways of improvisation of science teaching and learning facilities and situations,
- To instil proper attitudes towards STEM national development.
- Shortage of Science Teachers; Zambia is desperately in need of qualified science teachers, so, jobs for science teaching are readily available.
- Job stability; The chances of being employed, as a stable worker in the government are higher.
- Influencing the next generation; You have a say in impacting the next generation of scientists in your field of study.
- Science teaching is a positive and challenging profession; Teaching science is a challenging occupation with dynamic careers.
- High school teaching,
- Candidates for Graduate studies,
- SDF at universities,
- Teaching in private schools and colleges,
- Data scientists.