Ms. Betty O'ngor
The department has a total number of three lectures (Two-part time and one full time). The first intake is currently in the first year. The school aims at training teachers with knowledge to work as fashion and fabrics teachers, designers and textile experts.
Fashion Design Innovation and Creativity
Apparel, Event and Hospitality Management
Current Research: Computer Aided Design (CAD) in Fashion Design Education (PhD)
Future Research: Apparel Decoration in Event Management
PART TIME ACADEMIC STAFF
Position: Executive Dean at Chinoye University of Science and Technology
- PhD in Clothing and Textile Science, University of Fort Hare, Eastern Cape, South African.
- MEd Textiles, Clothing and Design, Harare, University of Zimbabwe.
- BEd Fashion and Textiles, Midlands State University, Zimbabwe.
- Diploma in Education: Fashion and Fabrics, Mutare Teachers’ College, Zimbabwe
- Contemporary issues in fashion design
- Edlight Mutungwe, Cathrine Chirimuta, Verity Muzenda and Lucia Sithole (2020) Limitations In The Design And Development Of The Apparel Needs Of The Physically Challenged: A Case Study Of Wheel Chair Users From Selected Institutions In Zimbabwe: International Journal of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, 2020
- Denford Fadzai Chisosa, Verity Muzenda (2020) Designing for the plus-size men: towards a better fitting: a case of Harare, Zimbabwe Volume 6 Issue 3 – 2020 Journal of Textile Engineering & Fashion Technology.
- Tendesai, V and Muzenda, V Fashion Exhibition on “Rebirth of Zimbabwean Fashion” 30 August 2018, The Space Boutique, Harare, Zimbabwe Fashion Week.
- Sithole Lucia, Mutungwe Edlight, Chirimuta Catherine & Muzenda Verity (2016) Fashion Designers and the Shrinking Customer Base In Zimbabwe IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 21, Issue12, Ver. 6 (December. 2017) PP 49-55.
- Muzenda Verity, Dzikite Chipo & Dandira Tarirai: Designing for usability: Input of Aesthetics and Comfort in Fashion design: CUT Publications (2018). ISBN 978-0-7974-8279-1
- Dandira Tarirai, Muzenda Verity & Dzikite Chipo. Inspirational sources for fashion design: CUT Publications (2018). ISBN 978-0-7974-8279-1
- Dzikite, C. Muzenda Verity & Dandira, The art of men’s body modifications: A modern perspective. CUT Publications (2018). ISBN 978-0-7974-8279-1
- Edlight Mutungwe, Lucia Sithole, Cathrine Chirimuta and Verity Muzenda (2020) Management for community development: Musoromuchena community engagement for lifelong learning and action for sustainable development fruit tree growing initiative: Journal Of Social Sciences and Humanities VOL.2, ISSUE 2 (Paper for community service)
- Muzenda Verity An assessment of the extent to which computers have been implemented in the Fashion and Fabrics curriculum. IJRDO-Journal of Educational Research Volume-2 | Issue-2 | February,2017 | Paper
- Muzenda Verity Implementing a new curriculum with specific reference to Home Economics in Primary schools in Bindura district. IJRDO-Journal of Educational ResearchVolume-2 | Issue-2 | February,2017 | Paper
- Muzenda Verity & Duku, Ntombozuko (2014) Examining the relationship of the Clothing and Textiles curriculum and the world of work. MJSS journal in Vol No 5 No 11 July 2014.
- Muzenda Verity & Duku, Ntombozuko (2014) Skills lecturers possess for the delivery of the Clothing and Textiles curriculum. MJSS journal in Vol No 5 No 11 July 2014.
- Muzenda Verity & Duku, Ntombozuko (2014) Examining how students’ and lecturers’ perceptions impact on the delivery of Clothing and Textiles in universities. MJSS journal in Vol No 5 No 17 September 2014.
- Muzenda Verity & Duku, Ntombozuko (2014) Support systems in place to enable the delivery of Clothing and Textiles curriculum in universities. MJSS journal in Vol Vol 5, No 23, November 2014.
Peer reviewer: academic journals
Annals of Social and Behavioural Sciences Journal
Books & book chapters published
- Issues in Art and Design. CUT Publications (2017) ISBN 978-0-7974-8279-1
Position: Assistant Lecturer
- MSc Clothing and Textile Science, Rockview University, Lusaka Zambia.
- BEd Clothing and Textile Science, Solusi University, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Diploma in Secondary Teaching (Home Economics) , UNZA
- Certificate in primary Teaching Mufulira College of education