The Bachelor of Education in Geography B.Ed (Geography) degree programme is designed to produce teachers for geography with basic knowledge and skills in geography. The programme provides opportunities for better understanding of geography and geography education for effective application of acquired knowledge and skills in education related fields including basic and applied research relevant to geography education. The programme is aimed at addressing biology related real life situations.
pulvinar dapibus leo.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of geography processes and education practices involved in teaching.
- Demonstrate practical skills for implementing laboratory and field procedures, as appropriate to the degree program, involving collection, interpretation and presentation of experimental information.
- Appreciate the idea that applications of geographycan be both beneficial and detrimental to the environment.
- Apply research to solve emerging issues in geography education.
Entry requirements first year students from Secondary Schools
- Candidates who have completed secondary school may also enter any Bachelor of Sciences Degree programme at first year of any programme if they have passed at least any five O’level subjects with a minimum of credit which should include English, Geography, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science; and Mathematics.
Entry requirements for diploma holders
Diploma holders with Credit or better from Mukuba University or any recognised institution may enter the Bachelor of Education in Geography programmes provided such applicants have: 5 ‘O’ level passes, which include English, Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics and Biology or Agricultural Science; and Candidates who wish to change options need to apply for direct entry into first year in the School of Natural Sciences.
Entry requirements for ‘A’ Levels holders
‘A’ level candidates may enter Bachelor of Education in Geography Degree programme at second year if they have: 3 ‘A’ Level passes in Geography, Chemistry or Biology and Mathematics. They have to take first year education courses.