The Bachelor of Education in Agriculture Science B. Ed (Agriculture Science) degree programme is designed to produce teachers for Agriculture Science with basic knowledge and skills in Agriculture Science sciences to teach Agriculture Science at secondary School level and beyond. The programme provides opportunities for better understanding of Agriculture sciences and Agriculture Science education for effective application of acquired knowledge and skills in education related fields including basic and applied research relevant to Agriculture Science education. The programme is aimed at addressing Agriculture Science related real life situations.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Agriculture Science processes and education practices involved in teaching.
- Demonstrate practical skills for implementing laboratory and field procedures, as appropriate to the degree program, involving collection, interpretation and presentation of experimental information.
- Appreciate the idea that applications of Agriculture Science can be both beneficial and detrimental to the environment.
- Apply research to solve emerging issues in Agriculture Science education.
Entry requirements first year students from Secondary Schools
- Candidates who have completed secondary school may also enter any Bachelor of Sciences Degree programme at first year of any programme if they have passed at least any five O’level subjects with a minimum of credit which should include English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science; and Mathematics.
Entry requirements for diploma holders
Mukuba University Diploma holders with Credit or better from a recognized institution may enter any of the Bachelor of Education in science degree programmes at second year of any programme provided such applicants have:
- 5 ‘O’ level passes, which include English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology or Agricultural Science; and
- At least one year proven relevant working experience.
Candidates who wish to change options need to apply for direct entry into first year in the School of Natural Sciences.
Entry requirements for ‘A’ Levels holders
‘A’ level candidates may also enter any Bachelor of Science Degree programme at second year of any programme if they have:
(a) 3 ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics; (b) At least Credit in ‘O’ Level Mathematics or Physics if not taken in (i) above.