H.O.D-Mr. PAMBA,John (MSc-Mathematics)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Thank you for visiting Mukuba University Department of Mathematics and Statistics website. This site provides information about our undergraduate program, our graduate program, and information about research by our faculty members. Members of our department create, communicate, and apply mathematics of the highest caliber through activities such as internationally recognized research and extensive outreach to schools.
Research interests of our distinguished faculty include algebra, approximation theory, combinatorics, differential equations, dynamical systems, functional analysis, geometry and topology, complex and harmonic analysis, number theory, mathematical modeling, numerical analysis, probability, and scientific computation. Many of our faculty collaborate with researchers in other disciplines, such as computer science, physics, biochemistry, biology, chemistry and food science. The department also supports activities and programs for high school students, for their teachers, and for the general public.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics aspires to uphold the highest standards of excellence in teaching, research, and service. The department seeks also to excel in fostering collaboration with other disciplines to make significant contributions to knowledge.
- The Department of Mathematics and Statistics aims to advance learning, critical thinking, and research through excellence in teaching and research in mathematics, statistics, and data science to produce highly competent professionals and provide high-quality service to Zambia and beyond.
- The central goal of the Department of Mathematics at Mukuba University is to provide intellectual leadership in the mathematical sciences that is of direct benefit to the country and its citizens.
PROGRAMS TO BE OFFERED SOON
A math degree involves rigorous analytical thinking and problem solving, traits applicable in a wide range of fields including engineering, finance, medicine, computer science, data science, government careers, law, insurance and many others.
The objectives of the Mathematics Programs are as follows:-
- To allow students to learn in an environment that will develop their potential and motivate them to become active participants in the learning process.
- To provide effective teaching in Mathematics courses also as to produce competent Mathematics graduates, who will acquire knowledge and skills to be able to function efficiently in the work place.
- To cooperate with other departments in the School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences and other University faculties in order to train and produce high quality human resource in the sciences.
- To combine theory and practice to promote critical thinking in all mathematical courses.
Through the breadth and quality of its programs, the Department of Mathematics makes major contributions to the mission of Mukuba University.
We invite you to navigate through our web-links to research, academics, outreach, featured programs, and to other information provided in these web pages.
- Graph and Fuzzy Theories,
- Fast Fourier Transforms,
- Frolicher Spaces, and