The story of Mukuba University has been one of continuous transformation, improvement and progress. What is now Mukuba University was initially a Secondary School built in 1958 by the Franciscans, called St Francis Secondary School.
In 1969 the school was taken over by the Zambia Bishop's Conference, in order to start a programme of training teachers for the Church's Secondary School in Zambia.
The Government, however, assumed control of the college upon realisation that there was an urgent need for a specialist teacher training programme of to produce teachers of Science, Mathematics and Home Economics
Further transformation took place in 1974 when the Secondary school was transformed into the highly reputable Copperbelt Secondary Teachers College (COSETCO) by the Ministry of Education to train Teachers of Science, Mathematics and Home Economics for the nation's secondary schools.
This marked the beginning of the key role the college has played since then in providing the bulk of the Science, Mathematics and Home Economics Teachers at both Juniour and Seniour Secondary Schools in Zambia.
Then, in 2013, COSETCO was declared a public university, and became known as Mukuba University following the passing of Statutory Instrument number 108 of 2013.
However, in the years that followed, the Government of the Republic of Zambia was concerned at the slow pace at which the transformation of COSETCO into a full-fledged university was taking place.
Consequently, in July 2017, Mukuba University was placed under the management of the Copperbelt University for the period 2017 to 2020.

Since then, Mukuba University has been on a growth path, with accelerated and unprecedented development.
Slider
A centre of Excellence in the provision of quality training in Mathematics, Science, Technology and Education in the region and beyond.
Redesigned learning programmes
Accreditation with the Higher Education Authority
Enhanced technological Infrastructure for staff and students
Improved governance systems
Slider